The validate.bat file when run on the server, errors out with the java.lang.NullPointerException
Two reasons could be…
- The default password of admin id might have been changed. Set it back to the default password & try again.
- This file can only run with the ID that was used during installation. Check if you have logged into the machine with same ID. For the file to run using any other id, follow the instructions below & try again.
- Login to the machine using the id that was used to install EPM suite
- Open the Start|Run prompt & type in %userprofile% & hit enter
- In the folder that opened, find the file “.oracle.products”
- Copy this file to the profile folder of the user using which you want run the validate tool
- Now login using the other id & try to run the validate tool, it should work